About Lori McGruder
I can give you a safe place to talk about your thoughts and feelings, including the fears that just cannot be discussed in the workplace. I can teach you how to recognize and challenge the negative thinking that is impacting your mood. You will learn how to turn these unhelpful thoughts into ones that are empowering and calming. Can you imagine being able to communicate with your loved ones, colleagues and even clients in a meaningful, assertive way? I can teach you how to do this! Your relationships will improve.
Do you often feel like you're not good enough? Tell yourself you are a bad person? Or maybe something horrific has happened in your past that you just can't let go of? Using EMDR, I help adults who have negative beliefs and traumatic memories become free of these so they can live their most beautiful life.
- Certified Clinical Telemental Health Provider
- Board Certified National Counselor
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the State of Florida
- Received Masters and Specialists Degrees in Mental Health Counseling from the University of Florida (GO GATORS!)
- Received Bachelors Degree in Psychology from Michigan State University
- Worked in a variety of settings, including maximum security prisons and a university affiliated substance use disorder treatment center
- Treated a variety of clients, including convicted felons and impaired physicians
- Experienced in reporting to PRN/IPN/LAP
- Live in Gainesville, FL
- Have a teenage daughter and a little rescue dog